We've all been there. Work stress is normal, even expected, but since it can have a negative impact on your productivity, it's how you deal with it that matters. So, as we enter what tends to be a stressful season for most businesses -- gearing up for the holiday rush, planning for extra vacation and increased susceptibility to sickness, here are a few tips from www.helpguide.org for making it through the day, week and month! Take care of yourself. Remember, when your own needs are taken care of, you're stronger and more resilient to stress.
• Get enough sleep
• Make smart dining decisions
• Prioritize and Organize
• Create a balanced schedule at home and at the office
• Don’t over-commit yourself at work or in your personal life
• Try leaving 10-15 minutes earlier each morning to get a jump start on your day
• Plan regular breaks to help clear your mind
• Use Emotional Intelligence (ability to manage and use your emotions in positive and constructive ways)
• Stay connected to your internal emotional experience so you can appropriately manage your own emotions
• Recognize and effectively use the nonverbal cues that make up 95-98% of our communication process
• Develop the capacity to meet challenges with humor
• Resolve conflict positively
Do you have tips to share on managing workplace stress? If so, I’d love to hear from you. For more information on the above tips check out http://helpguide.org/mental/work_stress_management.htm.
By, Heather Graham